19 June 2010

Australia By A Nose

Hey guys, it's been a while between posts, sorry for that. The last few days have been s bit rough, what with the loss, the red card, the backlash against Pim, a rumour of Ossie becoming Aussie, there's been a lot to take in.

One of the good things that has kept me going has been Cup Fever (@cupfever on Twitter) which has been airing on SBS at 2030, repeats at 2300 on SBS2 and also streamed online. If you haven't had a chance to check it out, it is worth it. It's a bit patchy at times, but the champagne comedy makes up for sketches like Sam's Kim Jong Il impression. It features Santo "Snato Garo" Cilauro, Ed Kavalee and Sam Pang, and granted it's no Baddiel & Skinner, it does have some great stuff, including Mark Bresciano's World Cup Diary, where he details his day, usually telling us about his dinner selection, it's usually the chicken. Tim usually has the lamb. They've had some good guests on like John Aloisi and Archie Thompson, but it could do with an extra half hour.

You may be wondering what the title of this thread is? Well, I went to the Ipswich Cup today, and I picked the winner, which won by photo finish. My picks during the World Cup haven't been so good, so I really hope my luck from today rubs off on my pick for Australia to get the win over Ghana tonight. Even if they only scrape through, I'd take them winnng by a nose, say 1-0, than to see them face another drubbing, and I really couldn't stand the stress of a draw. Here's hoping Pim's had a chance to reflect on his decisions from the last game and perhaps start Kennedy up front. Cahill's out for this game, and pretty sure Holman will be starting for him, and looks like Valeri may be starting in place of the injured Grella. I think Kewell may get a run, but don't think he's certain to start.

I'm looking forward to this game, and really hope, for the good of football in this country, that we get the result we need tonight. I've got my, wee bit too small, Solo lucky undies in my pocket, they don't quite fit,but let's hope they BEng more luck than they did against Germany, who did a good impression of joking against Serbia last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment