19 May 2010

The Sweep

So, a bunch of my mates and I like to talk about organising things. I know I had a grand idea to have a curry night after the last A-League season which everyone seemed keen on, but didn't happen for a long time. One of our mob did make it happen, and from all accounts it went well, but it gives you a bit of background about the following.

Anyway, there was an idea to do a World Cup sweep, and everyone seemed keen for it, but after a few months of no-one paying, it looked like it was going to be another idea lost in the ether. Long story short, someone organised a bank account and the money is quickly coming in, so it looks like the draw for these sweeps won't be far away. My partner is in for it too, so it will give a bit more interest for her for this World Cup than just the Australian team.

I'll post back about the sweeps draw, and let you know the teams we have ended up with, and any other shenanigans that happen during the draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment