18 May 2010

Leave For The Cup?

Yeah, so you might all be wondering, what exactly do I mean by "Leave For The Cup?" Well, as luck may have it, I had a bundle of Annual Leave stored up and work was keen for me to use it, so I applied to take the whole of the World Cup off, and they approved it.

So, am I mad, will I go mad, will my partner go mad? That's the point of this blog I guess, and the accomponying Twitter account which you can follow me on @leaveforthecup as well.

So, it will be the first time I've actually tried to watch a whole World Cup, and I'm pretty sure there will be more than a few obstacles in my way. I've got my magazines, wall charts, official Panini sticker album (thanks Four Four Two Australia) and SBS television guide ready to go. Can I do it, will my partner bring the chips and dips coming? (I highly doubt it, being the modern woman that she is!)

Oh, I guess another important thing to let you know is that I'm an Australian, so I'll be focussing heavily on those three initial games, but will also attempt to blog and Tweet about all the lead up and other games and experiences that I have during this time.

Well, off to bed now, I'll be back though, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment